Common Tern and chick
by D. Speiser
In New York City a remarkable – indeed miraculous – 350 species of birds live year round or come to rest or nest during their migrations.
Over thirty years ago, a group of conservationists like you founded New York City Audubon to protect our birds and the land where they forage and nest. Our job has not changed: It is to provide constant vigilance over the city’s 30,000 remaining acres of natural areas and the 578 miles of shoreline that our winged neighbors need to survive.
This is what your donation supports:
- the research undertaken every year by our science staff
- our advocacy and testimony before numerous government agencies every year
- our environmental publications
- an extensive program of more than 250 guided nature walks, Eco-cruises and rowboat trips annually
- our educational outreach to schools and neighborhoods that are near important bird areas throughout the city
and, yes, much more.
To make your tax-deductible donation, please visit our secure website. If you would like to make a contribution by phone, please call 212-691-7483.