Jobs & Internships
Development Associate (P/T) 20 hrs/wk
Reports to: Director of Development (and Executive Director as needed)
Job Summary: Development Associate will provide direct support to Director of Development in the administration of donation processing and donor data entry, management of donor management database (GiftWorks), execution of donor stewardship, and will assist as needed with other fundraising activities.
- Oversee processing and administration of donor gifts received by the organization.
- Manage, administer, and develop donor database • Enter donor data into donor management software efficiently and accurately.
- Generate donor acknowledgment letters in timely fashion and miscellaneous correspondence as needed.
- Generate membership renewal request emails and letters (twice monthly) and special appeals as needed.
- Produce donor and membership reports as needed through donor management database and Microsoft Excel in support of Development, Finance, and Communications departments.
- Respond to member and donor inquiries by phone and email. Provide basic administration support, such as answering phones, maintaining office equipment, and filing.
- Interact with NYC Audubon members, volunteers, the general public, and outside businesses as needed.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of other events, including our annual benefit, and other fundraising efforts as needed.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills are absolutely necessary.
- Strong data entry skills and experience with donor management database software are essential.
- Computer literate and technologically proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel are necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
- Ability to follow directions, work independently, but also ask questions in a critical manner and collaborate to solve problems.
- Interest in urban environmental issues is preferred and familiarity with HTML coding is a plus.
. No phone calls please.